Beer and Bikinis

The walls of watering-holes in Japan are decorated with beer posters, featuring nubile women spilling out of yellow bikinis and holding foaming pints of lager. Now, beer and half-naked ladies are two of my favourite things, so these pictures are always guaranteed to bring a grin to my face. Of course, if such a girl were to regularly knock back pints of beer, the resultant beer-belly wouldn’t be too great for her modelling career, but I don’t worry about these details too much.

One of these posters would look great on the wall of my apartment, so I’m always trying to buy them from laughing bartenders, but to no avail.
I was recently excited when I discovered an old, rolled-up poster in a derelict, disused beach-bar. “Could this be one those wonderful beer-and-bikini posters that I so covet?” I thought as I unrolled the poster. It was, indeed, a picture of a girl holding a glass of beer but, to my disappointment, she was wearing a very conservative kimono. Ho-hum!

More bikini and beer pictures here.

6 Responses to Beer and Bikinis

1. dragonlife says:

Do you need so much stimulus for your beer, or is that you want to be reminded what you would like to do after the beer?
    Cheers,
    Robert-Gilles

Haha! I don’t need any stimulus to drink beer, so you can guess the answer!

3. ed says:

it’s true that it seems to be impossible to get a hold of one of these posters unless you own a bar or restaurant in japan (or maybe hawaii, where i saw a fantastic poster … it was huge with a lovely gal reclining on a beach w/ a beer). i’m amazed they’re not more widely available or on ebay.

Yeah, they’re very hard to find. I think I’ve seen a few on the Japanese equivalent of ebay.
    Funnily enough I recently found one behind my sofa and I have no idea where it came from!

5. dakota says:

send me about a 100 or eles

6. Tanned says:

Nice picture, i want some beer now!