300 Yen Bar in Ginza

Incredibly, one of the cheapest bars in Tokyo can be found in the glitzy, high-class shopping district of Ginza, nestled among the Louis Vuitton boutiques and jewelry shops.
“300 Bar” is so-called because every drink or dish is a mere three hundred yen (about three US dollars, or one pound fifty, which wouldn’t get you very far elsewhere in Ginza.) Upon arrival, you buy tickets which you can exchange for booze and food at the bar. Lots of cocktails (over one hundred, apparently), beers and small dishes are available.

Before you go, it’s worth picking up a copy of Metropolis magazine (the free, English entertainment guide to Tokyo) somewhere, because they always seem to have a free drink coupon for 300 Bar. Actually, the last time I was there, I happened upon a stack of Metropolises (Metropoli? Whatever) in a darkened corner of the bar, and I sneakily tore out a few coupons, which made the evening even cheaper. Wahey!
It’s an all-standing bar, which can be a bit grueling on the legs after a day of sightseeing, but is great after several hours of sitting on your arse in an office or English school. It also makes mingling and flirting exceptionally easy, as does the cheap, free-flowing liquor. Nice.

All in all, 300 Bar is an ideal venue to kick-start a hard-drinking night out.
Just make sure you don’t go on a drunken credit-card spending spree in the nearby shops after you leave, or you’ll be paying significantly more than 300 yen.

Info:
300 Bar
Tel: (03) 3572-6300
Address: Fazenda bldg.B1F, 5-9-11 Ginza, Chuo-ku,Tokyo 160-0023

9 Responses to 300 Yen Bar in Ginza

1. dragonlife says:

The ticket is a good system to cut on the staff-costs, hence the cheap fare!
    Great find, ain’t it?
    Cheers,
    Robert-Gilles

can u get real ale in japan? Just like english ones with names like ‘snotty frog’ and ‘bobby crapper’

I recently had some “Old Speckled Hen” in Tokyo, but it was ridiculously expensive.

4. Jahan says:

Hi,

Thank you for your information. I may need to talk to you when I am in Tokyo soon.

Many thanks,

5. Earl Greu says:

I would love to go there.
    Sushi first and beer after

6. How do you have advertisments without slowing down your blog? I used to have a small website on fishing, but every time I tried to advertise on it it took 8+ seconds to load.

7. I enjoy gathering useful information , this post has got me even more info! .

8. mega video says:

Wonderful items.Identity prefer to advise having a look with this sort of like a factor just like burger.