Funny Thai Food Stand

Here’s a picture of a Thai food stall with a preposterous name. I took the picture last year at the annual Thai food festival in Yoyogi park, Tokyo. (“Ming Pooh” is British slang for “stinky excrement”, fact fans.)

7 Responses to Funny Thai Food Stand

1. dragonlife says:

No wonder you kept clear of it!
    LOL
    Robert-Gilles

Do you want me to give you a website where you can catch on series from the US or UK?

Actually, I know a couple of those sites. I’ll try to watch some of the shows you mentioned!

4. Boy George says:

Oh wait. Yes, I have. I’m sorry, but I just don’t have it in me right now to type it all out again. Besides, it was just ramblings anyway. You didn’t want to hear me go on and on about this, right?

5. Joy says:

Can someone tell me what is funny? I am “Joy” from Thailand, but I can’t see it is funny. Anybody? 😛 Joy

Hi Joy! I think this sign is only funny in the UK. In British slang, ming = “bad smell”, pooh = “excrement.” Bad luck for the cafe owners! By the way, the food was delicious. I love Thai food!

7. Thank you, really interesting. Actually,I was born in Thailand in 1969 but my mother and I fled the country and settled here to Britain. To be honest, I didnt really care much about my Thai history until my mother died last month, now I’ve been trying to find out as much as I possibly can. Seemed like food was as good a place as any to start from! Anyway, I found a thai food recipe site here that your readers might be interested in too.