Wesley

“Wesley” is a legendarily mental bar in Fujisawa city, down a side-street near the station. I have been there countless times but never before about two AM. A trip to Wesley is always eventful, you meet new people, and lots of fun and surreal occurrences happen. The walls of the place are evidence of this, plastered with a photos of past customers, and covered with the gibberish marker-pen writings of over-excited drunkards. It’s a bona fide history museum, a rogues’ gallery of generations of wasted English teachers.

What really makes the place is the eccentric bar-owner, Yo-Chan, an affable host who looks not unlike a Japanese John Lennon, complete with round spectacles and a middle-parting. A big fan of music, Yo-Chan named his bar after a Jazz musician called Wesley…something. If you’re lucky, Yo Chan will get out his guitar for a sing-along.

Yo-Chan always persuades his customers to drink his specialty, the “Shine Shine” (“die die!”) a huge, milky monster of a cocktail, which renders the rest of the night a total blur. Oddly, everyone in the place seems to drink it, though. If you’re feeling particularly foolhardy, I’d recommend the snappily named “Shine Shine with red shit,” a turbo-charged, hardcore version of the the original Shine Shine. The “red shit” is a kind of intensely strong Jamaican Rum, but the name could just as easily mean that your shit will be red the next day.

If you’re in Fujisawa, pop in. Leave your mark on the wall for posterity, and neck a Shine Shine or two.

Info:
Tel: 0466-28-4493
You can see the address and a map at this web page.

13 Responses to Wesley

Ok I’ll go there. Man with all those detour I’m making my trip to japan will cost me thousands of $ in train … maybe I should rent a car?

I think there’s too much traffic to drive in Japan!
    This is a fun bar, but I guess there are plenty of other cool places to go in Tokyo.

3. dragonlife says:

Well, Y0-chan seems to be a good businessman, too!
    LOL
    Robert-Gilles

Yeah- I think he realized the foreign customers drink twice as much as the locals!

5. rationalpsychic says:

You made me laugh. Thanks for that!

Thanks! Glad to be of service.

7. Steve says:

Oh, man you summed the place up beautifully. I wonder if my photo and the crap I wrote on the wall is still sitting there? The Shine Shine destoyed me a couple of times……thanks for taking me back there in spirit!

Cheers! It’s a classic place. I haven’t been there in ages but there were still photos all over the walls the last time I went.

9. […] Bar Luther Vandross Bar Frankenstein Bar Fleamarket Bar Cute Halloween Bar The Amazon Club Wesley Rock Bar F*ck Yeah Shark […]

10. howdy! , I like your current creating thus so much! portion all of us connect excess concerning your posting for Yahoo? We need a specialist within this residence to be able to uncover my personal issue. Can be that is definitely anyone! Taking a look onward to see a person.

11. Hey, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your website in Chrome, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.
    I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other
    then that, amazing blog!

12. There’s plenty of others you can look into but those are the
    best foods for you to start with. Treatment is simple- remove your baby
    from the heated area and allow them to cool off. There
    are many skin care products on the market and choosing the right one for your skin type and for the skin condition you are experiencing
    makes it essential to seek professional advice to
    ensure that your skin is taken care of properly. Even mild rosacea can have lasting effects on you, such as
    potential scarring. Hyper-pigmentation or melasma is another
    problem that can occur where the skin is darker in some areas than on your “normal” skin. If you fail to give your body this basic need, the skin would appear pale
    and more susceptible to troubles. Apart from food allergens, try to keep clear of other possible allergens which may aggravate your
    predicament like chlorine treated water systems, pet dander,
    molds, dust mites, Amalgam fillings in teeth, fluoride in tooth
    paste, hard detergents, etc. If you’re trying to get rid
    of cellulite or any other skin infliction, you’re sure to come across the dark eye problem sometime.
    Men should not attempt to self-diagnose any male organ skin condition, and it is especially
    important to see a doctor if any of the following symptoms occur:.
    If you eat properly, your skin will look young, and you
    will feel yourself young. Skin Diseases are significant
    barriers in society, because they are visible.
    So keep it simple with those 3 foods and see what a
    difference they’ll make on your skin appearance. A yeast
    infection is easily treatable with over-the-counter or
    prescription anti-fungal medications. If it persists, you may need to use a hydrocortisone
    cream available from your pediatrician. If you have blemishes,
    itchy or blotchy red skin or cracked scaly skin – you are embarrassed and want to go and hide until it all goes away.

If dry skin or oily , talk to your doctor about your skin condition and learn how best to clean and protect your skin. Adding to this is the uncertainty of how the vitiligo will
    spread. The same can be mentioned about the other ‘participants’ of the
    list. You’d be dealing with pain, large pustules, a burning, itching
    rash, a sudden onset of redness and puss, and a large portion of your skin covered up
    by the condition in no time at all. Once the chicken test was
    done, we moved on to beef, and so on.

13. If you find yourself inside and out of direct
    sunlight, you will be able to turn the screen brightness almost all the way down, only when
    you plan to use the phone outside in direct sunlight will you need to adjust the screen brightness again.
    This operating system initializes different kinds of apps
    in the phone which provides the user with different facilities.

as a shopping assistant that helps you make the best shopping deal at the reasonable price.