Weird Water

This vending machine caught me in a particularly petty mood. The big bottle of water and the small bottle are exactly the same price. Why? This unnerves me.

10 Responses to Weird Water

1. dragonlife says:

Must be a mistake, but well spotted!

Because it answer to two different targets : the thirsty and the REALLY thirsty … two different marckets dude!
    I can’t believe you didn’t get it. *pfffffff*
    LOL

3. mesablue says:

Because you are noy supposed to discriminate against “little” bottles.

4. How much do you want to bet that some scrawny little Japanese bint opted for the smaller one because she prefers portable sizes?

5. I understand this is just part of the Japanese mindset. If you don’t want that much water, why buy it, even if its the same price? That concept is quite odd to the western mind… mine included.

Excellent blog, by the way.

Thanks! Yeah, I guess this way of thinking explains why Japanese people are generally so thin. And also why the concept of “nomi-hodai” can exist without everyone getting drunk to the point of puking on a regular basis!

7. Abasio says:

At least it’s not more expensive.

8. Gabriel says:

I remember when I finally stopped asking, “Why?” when questioning anything in Japan. It just is.

9. Jeff says:

I know that machine… haha

I accidentally bought the little bottle once. But it is more pocket size I must say.

10. intruiging article.. I like your perspective on this subject. Although there are a couple points I oppose on I think you did a good job purposing your perspective. GJ.