Pervy Parties

While wandering in and out of the bars, cafes, shops and art galleries of Tokyo, I often pick up flyers for upcoming parties and events. Sometimes I happen upon flyers which suggest that there are things going on in the city are too freaky to comprehend. Below are a couple of truly weird flyers which recently caught my eye.
First is something called “Department H presents: Salon KITTYFIRE 2099” which takes place on the first Saturday of each month, in the J-Pop Cafe in Shibuya (which is where Rinko Kikuchi flashed her you-know-what in the film “Babel,” movie buffs.)

God knows what goes on at this place, but it involves Burlesque, dancers, music and Drag Queens. The back of the flyer says “Don’t ask! Just Come.” You can find out more at the website.
Even more crazy is the slightly terrifying-sounding “Sadistic Circus,” which is billed as a “Fetish Spectacle Party” and “a forbidden festival of passion.”

According to the Sadistic Circus Website “the program includes “Yasukuni-Shrine Freak Show,” “Fire Breathing and Balance Ball Circus,” “Magic Show by Arabian Beauty Troupe,” “Witch and Spider Woman,” “Dark Gothic Dance of Homosexuals,” “Tickle Wrestling by Female Office Workers in Their Uniform,” “Dance Show by Naked Beauties Powdered in Gold,” “Shudderingly Exciting! Bound Show,” “Blood Spitting Show by Self-Tied Beauty,” “Kinky Photographer’s Live Shooting Show,” “Sado-Masochistic Hanging Show,” “Foreign Sadistic Man and Masochistic Japanese Women,” “Taming Show of the Beast Woman,” “Explosive Taming Show,” “The Advent of the Queen” and so forth.”
They go on to say there is “no admittance to pregnant women, people under 20 and those who have heart problems. This is a secret party for fetishistic adults and kinky somnambulists in the city. Feel free to express yourself with a costume such as bondage or rubber.”
…Bloody Hell!

18 Responses to Pervy Parties

1. The burning question is are you going? (If so, make sure you’re armed with a camera!)

I’m tempted, just because it sounds like the sort of mental thing which “has to be seen to be believed”. Sounds pretty hilarious.

3. It would certainly make for great blogging material. If you’re a dedicated blogger – and remember that we’re a demanding audience – then you’ll hire a ‘gimp suit’ as a matter of urgency, charge up the camera battery and post the pictures on this site the very next day.

No pressure or anything … (Just kidding!)

4. Simaldeff says:

I want to go to all of them !!!!!!!!!!!
    Incredible … can’t find those in Italy!!!!!!!!!
    roaf come pick me up at Narita TOMORROW … if only I had the money *sigh* (-. – )

5. […] Pervy Parties While wandering in and out of the bars, cafes, shops and art galleries of Tokyo, I often pick up flyers for upcoming […] […]

What’s the deal with “Swamp Schlong?” LMAO!! “Double-Size Dynamite!”

I doubt I’ll make it to either of these shindigs, guys. My gimp suit is at the cleaners!

8. sauer kraut says:

What’s up with the ad showing a blonde dripping the candle wax? Don’t the japanese women participate? Weird stuff for sure but that’s to be expected when nearly 1/4 of the population is suspected of having an alcohol dependency.

Think the DC madam has any of those folks in her black book?

9. Simaldeff says:

I don’t think alcohol has anything to do with that … there are just less bigots in Japan … compared to some other country(ies).
    BTW who doesn’t have an alcohol dependency nowadays?

10. Simaldeff says:

Anyway I won’t make it at sadistic circus … I’ve an Exam on the 15th … grrr
    What’s on that green guy head btw?

11. Jeff says:

Have you gotten to any of the sex clubs in Tokyo yet? (Not that many would admit gaijin.)

12. …Why don’t I live in Japan…?!

Woeful & Simaldeff- I’m not sure who that green guy is- maybe that’s what the Hulk looks like when his pants finally get ripped entirely off. I think the thing on his head is a fez with an eye on it.
    Saur Kraut- I think there’ll be plenty of Japanese ladies taking place (some of whom have dyed blonde hair!) although the part of the show named “Foreign Sadistic Man and Masochistic Japanese Women” sounds intriguing (*The foreign man ain’t me, Jeff!). It’d be cool if some of the clientelle were politicians.
    Jeff- I can honestly say nope, but maybe I will…er… in the interest of investigative journalism. I did actually go to a maid cafe the other day, by the way.

14. Aren’t (isn’t) a lot of people made happy!
    I wonder what comments (or sanctions) would be heard if one collects them for use in English classes!
    Mind you, they should make for a great collection. I’m sure than in twenty years time it could be sold at an auction!

Yeah, good idea! I should keep them. I don’t think I’ll be showing my students, though!

16. Home Page says:

Hello there, I found your website by using Yahoo and google when looking for a very similar subject, your internet site got here right up, it appears excellent. I have book marked for you to my own favorites|added to my own bookmarking.

17. PELTON says:

kennel club website in my opinion, it is an interesting question, I will take part in discussion