Beer Gardens

In a couple of weeks the pesky rainy season will be over, and all throughout Japan people will be getting wasted at rooftop beer gardens. Now I can add sunburn and mosquito bites to my litany of booze-related injuries! The places are open for business on the tops of various department stores, and usually offer so-so buffets, but cheap all-you-can-drink deals. You can find out more at the links below:
Beer, There and Everywhere
Outdoor Cafes
Beer in The Great Outdoors

9 Responses to Beer Gardens

1. The more I read this blog the more appealing Japan becomes as a place to live and work….

2. wim says:

Really looks fun to visit a beer garden, too bad there is 9326 km between me and that all-you-can-drink deals…

Come to Japan, guys. You know you want to!

do u like japan alot more than uk? surely there must be some things about uk u miss tho, trees and green things, for one

Yeah, of course. I miss trees, grass, and space. I miss my family and friends. Also, meat pies and Mars Bars.

meat pies i can agree with but mars bars arent so special are they? anyhow u can get ur friends or fam,ily to send them to u haha

7. Good post, roaf.
    I’ve been starting to think about hitting the beer gardens. Actually, today would be a great day for it, not too hot and no predicted rain for the afternoon.
    Yes! By God, I’m going.
    “Ethel, grab the checkbook and the keys to the buick. We’re going drinking. And not just at one place, either. And find my wingtips, will ya?! A man can’t go out drinking without his wingtips, can he?”

Ha ha! Yeah, that’s a good idea. I may well do the same thing!