“Sex Virgin Killer”

I’ve decided to champion the amazing, mental band “Sex Virgin Killer”, since no-one else seems to have written about them in English. I recently discovered them, initially intrigued by their eye-catching name, but I soon learned that they are a pretty mind-blowing and outrageous act. Sex Virgin Killer are more “rock n’ roll” than anyone else around right now: In addition to their confrontational name, they play very loud guitars, ride motorbikes, have vast multi-coloured haircuts like Sigue Sigue Sputnik, and I genuinely can’t tell whether they’re boys or girls. They even keep up the noble tradition of smashing up their instruments and setting fire to things on stage. You most certainly wouldn’t trust these guys to babysit your kids.

Sex Virgin Killer can be seen playing live at the “Death Camp 2007” festival in Niigata in a couple of weeks, alongside such acts as “Illegal Abortion”, “Little Bastards”, “Stubborn Father”, and “Enema.”

Here’s a link to the Sex Virgin Killer Official Website where you can learn of CD releases and live dates.
Sex Virgin Killer are the wildest loonies in Japanese rock right now so if there’s any justice, they’ll be filling stadiums this time next year. But, based on my previous predictions, they’re more likely to be filling gas-tanks. I expected big things of the scantily-clad, all-girl hardcore-punk group Anadorei (“anal slave,”) who made the album “Pussy Cannibal Holocaust” and they didn’t exactly storm the Billboard charts.

11 Responses to “Sex Virgin Killer”

Is this the Japanese version of hair metal?
    LMAO!

Yeah, and I’m sure they’re doing it without a shred of irony!

3. clarkebruce says:

Let’s hope their career is as long and successful as Sigue Sigue Sputnik.

Great post Roaf.

Ta! Strangely enough I found myself at a Sigue Sigue Sputnik reunion gig a couple of years ago. I’m not a huge fan or anything though!

5. kashifalvi says:

they look zippy
    lols

6. Resource and Information

Resource and Information

7. PudgyM says:

How did that ‘Resource and Information’ reply get through moderation?
    Anyhow; what has happened to Sex Virgin Killer (and Anadorei)? Did they quit the music business to do modelling for Shu Boh magazine?

Anadorei split up a while ago but Sex Virgin Killer are still going strong.
    I just noticed they’re playing live on Sunday actually. I might go!

9. Boy says:

hey i went to the ouetlt shopping too 🙂 also having the same meal, Chinese food xD LOLs waiting for your tokyo postttt xD