Japanese Hip-Hop Dancers

Me and a buddy went to a Japanese hip-hop club the other day, drawn in by the flyer above. Can you guess why?
I have to say, the women in this club were throwing down some eyeball-scorchingly raunchy dance-moves. Evidently they’d seen a couple of sleazy “2 Live Cru” videos on MTV and taken them way too seriously, but I wasn’t complaining. These dance-hall divas were also doing some impressive acrobatics which resembled a jaw-dropping mixture of Flashdance and the Chinese State Circus, throwing themselves all over the room, body-popping, bouncing off walls, and waving their arses in the air. The only ladies who weren’t dancing were in wheelchairs, or hobbling around on crutches, apparently injured while attempting overly-ambitious dancefloor stunts.
Luckily I had my trusty disposable camera at hand!

*Note the crutch behind the couple dirty-dancing in the last picture!

19 Responses to Japanese Hip-Hop Dancers

1. owen says:

crutch hahahahha. whos is it? the girl or the guy?

I’m pretty sure it was the girl’s. It didn’t stop her dancing, though!

3. allen says:

JEEPERS!

4. clarkebruce says:

Hilarity.

Are there any normal bars in Japan?

How ripe were the fruits?

Very ripe and juicy, Woeful! Interesting name for an event, don’t you think. I think there are some normal bars in japan, Bruce, but I never seem to go to them!

7. yensen says:

those Japanese really know how to make hip hop even better. Funny thing I saw is how they learn to dance hip hop moves, by watching cartoons!
    japansugoi.com/wordpress/japanese-learn-to-dance-anime-video

8. Ryan says:

mad thing hiphop/regggea/dancehall is a big thing in japan.big up

9. Mickey Factz says:

Your RSS feed is not working on my site. I am currectly using Google Chrome.

10. I like this site…excellent info. Will keep it as a favorite. Do you have a twitter page?

11. Miami Mike says:

When hip hop first began critics said it would be a temporary underground fad that will go away; similiar to hairstyles, but 30 years later it is on TV, Dominates the radio airwaves, and is shared by all races on each continent.

12. Una vez que vea lo facil que es aprender palabras en Ingles con nuestras clases de pantalones cortos, a continuacion, puede pasar a nuestro producto que es ofrecido

13. Escucha lo que te digo la correcta pronunciacion en Ingles. Una vez que empezó no podrán dejar de aprender de esta manera porque es la forma correcta de aprender un idioma de la misma manera que lo hizo cuando usted era un niño al escuchar comprender y answerer. En la lección 1.2 se encuentra que hay una traducción en español soldier que pueda familiarizarse

14. la esquina y confirma lo que dijo la chica, por lo que el padre responde que él que sí. Voy a repetir la palabras en Inglés, mientras escucha con atención. Hacer un intento de decir las palabras en voz alta si su acento occur con la mía. No olvide que usted palabras en ingles ir a nuestra página web donde tenemos dravidian la lessons1-10.

15. primero debe aprender las reglas de su gramática primero y luego se puede entender la pronunciación

16. Can I just say what a comfort to discover someone that
    truly understands what they are discussing online.
    You actually understand how to bring an issue to light and make it important.
    More people ought to look at this and understand this side of your story.
    I was surprised you are not more popular given that you most certainly
    have the gift.