Fantastic Japanese Booze Statistics

My dodgy little blog is somehow one of the nominations for “the best humorous blog about Japan,” on the esteemed website “What Japan Thinks.”
It’s nice to be noticed but I suspect that Michael J Fox would have more chance of winning a Jenga tournament than I have of winning this, judging by the popularity of the other great sites nominated.
So, if you’re feeling charitable, feel free to follow this link and vote for yours truly, to make my defeat marginally less humiliatingly large.

“What Japan Thinks” is a marvelous site full of interesting facts and statistics learned by polling Japanese folks on various topics, so I thought I’d take the opportunity to relate some of their findings which are about booze, since this is a site dedicated to getting pissed-up. So, according to their surveys…

36.1% of Japanese people drink Happoshu after a bath.

Budweiser is the most popular imported beer (tsk.)

59.6% of people drink chuhai at home.

Drinking water is the most popular hangover cure in Japan.

While drunk, women often sexually harass others, and men fall asleep.

Well I never! no wonder I go out drinking so often.

10 Responses to Fantastic Japanese Booze Statistics

1. ramblingsofaculturefreak says:

I voted for you!!

I voted for you too Roaf… Come on people, time to represent!
    Kanpai!!

3. Tori says:

“I suspect that Michael J Fox would have more chance of winning a Jenga tournament than I have of winning this”

See! That is why you should win! Dodgy contest. I think it’s rigged 😀
    Tofugu and Claytonian have youtube followings so….

Well, anyway I came to let you know about a comment notification plugin that you can put on your blog (Nick at LongCountdown.com told me about it). It will let commentor know when you or someone replies to their comments.
    Here’s the link:
    Spread the word

4. clarkebruce says:

You are by far my favourite humourous Japanese blog. My vote has been recorded.

Thanking you kindly, Bruce.
    Thanks too, Tori, I’ll check out that comment notifier over the weekend.

tofugu was voted better? and english man in osaka?

hmmmm…. tofugu is helped by it starting on youtube, but is nowhere near as good as this blog

english man in osaka is ok but even i thought the sarcasm was overdone and it just seems like he has nothing good to say about japan, so he just sounds like a bitter man

claytonian drags on forever

this blog should be an all out winner!!

Thankyou very much!

8. big al says:

dude these stories are friggin hilarious! I too was exposed to gaijin adventures albeit over 20 years ago during my time in nippon as a underaged drinker.

I got stuck in yokohama trying to get back to chuo station (Yokosuka) after a nite in roppongi and had to sleep on the bench outstide the station..that sucked…in January!

Haha, yeah, I’ve been there!
    It must have been cool 20 years ago, during “the bubble years.”