Mobile Mishap

The other night, after another barnstorming booze binge, I clumsily fumbled with my keys outside my tiny apartment, trying not to piss-off the neighbours, before tumbling through the door. I’d had a debauched and hedonistic night with my friends in a string of bars, including a karaoke place which had a selection of novelty costumes for its patrons to wear. A mental time was had by all, and I’d used my phone camera to capture my pals and myself in various states of drunken abandon, jiving and singing in schoolgirl uniforms and the like.

Someone begged me to share these hilarious pictures over the internet, so I decided to send them from my phone to my PC, so I could stick them on Facebook. With my drunken sausage fingers I selected “ME” from the list of contacts on my phone and sent the pictures to my computer email address. Hey presto! Isn’t technology wonderful?
With hindsight, I should have waited until I was sober before attempting this minor act of technological wizardry.

When I later checked my email, the photos hadn’t arrived. Upon examining my phone I realized where I’d gone wrong. Thanks to the alcohol-induced blurred vision, I hadn’t mailed the pics to “ME,” I’d mailed them to “MIE,” who is my landlady. Mie is a rather reserved middle-aged woman, who is constantly nit-picking about the correct separation and disposal of rubbish, and other such matters. Quite what she thought when, at four AM, she received a picture of me dressed in a much-too-small monkey costume and guzzling from a pitcher of beer, is anyone’s guess but I’m expecting the eviction notice any day now.
Oh well, it could have been worse. I could have been trying to send naked pictures of myself to “Adult Friend Finder.” That would have led to all sorts of confusion.

31 Responses to Mobile Mishap

1. Brian says:

Oh god, where can I buy your book.

Thanks! Well, my friend, you can get the book now on Lulu.com (follow the links below!) and also Amazon.com in a few weeks.
    (Only online for now, I’m afraid.)

3. clarkebruce says:

Classic.

Please please please ask MIE for the photos, that monkey photo will be internet gold.

4. dragonlife says:

She’ll once for all that  you are an interesting individual indeed!
    LOL
    Robert-Gilles

LOL… I hear it’s best for large Anglo Saxons to avoid terrorizing the locals. In all seriousness Roaf, have you seen this article in Discover? I thought you might be interested. I found it fascinating.

6. ramblingsofaculturefreak says:

That has happened to me too…It was embarrasing to send my drunken pictures to people who thought I was serious.

Next time be carefull to not add your blog address too.

8. You have an ‘Adult Friend Finder’ account, too?

Phew! I was kind of worried I was the only one I knew who did.

My username is ‘Yokohamamama’. Look me up sometime;)

Haha! Actually, I heard on Adult Friend finder in Japan, the women are tragically outnumbered ten to one by sleazy sailors.

Thanks Woeful, that article is very interesting. I’ve been wondering about that stuff myself.

11. Karen says:

Oh my. That was laugh out loud funny. Oh, to be with Mie when she opened that email.

12. headbang8 says:

So where are the pictures? Oh, no! You didn’t erase them from your cellphone? So you will not only need to suffer your landlady’s evil-eye, but you’ll need to ask her for them back.

13. Chris B says:

I think you must be a 1/2 brother of mine or something?

I’m about 1/2 Brit so you never know?

I have lost jobs, friends and students because I started typing and sending while drunk.

I even have a note to myself hanging behind my monitor begging myself not to send e-mails while I’m shitfaced.

I feel your pain 🙂

Yeah, drunk dialing can be deadly!

And those pictures are still safely stored on my phone but are definitely too humiliating to appear on this blog (and that’s saying something!)

I can see those pictures popping out at a job interview SO MUCH!
    “We did some research and found this about you. Can you comment?”
    ROFL

16. Davebo says:

Thats histerical to find the “Japanese Roots” article on here. I just did a report on the origins of the japanese in my japanese culture and civ class and I used that article! Anyway… I have officially stopped using my camera phone for the same reason. After I sent a picture of a boobs to my mom instead of my friend by the same name… Yeah. That was pretty much it for me.

Haha! That’s a funny mistake. Oh well, I suppose it’s nothing your mother hasn’t seen already.

18. Anna says:

heehee that is hilarious. where is this bar you speak of? please tell me it’s in Tokyo (where i live) and that there is a 24 hour moving walkway connecting it to my front door

‘fraid not- it’s in Yamato, an otherwise boring city an hour from Tokyo. There are tons of crazy joint like that in Tokyo, though. Have you been to Smash Hits in Hiroo? It’s a karaoke place that look like a Roman Coliseum where you sing in front of everybody. Pretty fun!

20. stevepalato says:

nice, fakey story you have there.

Nah, ‘fraid it’s true. If it was fake I would have said it was a picture of my dick!

22. I do have that feeling but I cant be this comfortable with more than one person at a time….and I sure as hell wont be considerate of anyone’s feelings! meh…i shudve just said Im too lazy

23. chinanu says:

i need a girl friend from japan

24. Ligia Raine says:

Wow, great list there. Could use it to good use. Thanks

25. I love how you think! This is one really great piece of writing. I think you are great at putting your thoughts into words. Will there be more articles soon?

26. Here I am with my morning coffee and an amazing informational article that has taught me something. It’s true that we learn something new everyday. I enjoyed this article. Your views are similar to mine.

27. drunken moose,drunken,alcohol…

[…]Mobile Mishap « Gaijin Tonic[…]…

28. It’s awesome for me to have a web page, which is good in support of my knowledge. thanks admin

29. Vilma says:

And some, if you believe them, say that UFO s are still
    there. Last Thursday, however Aikman changed her story when
    County Attorney Lisa Pence showed Aikman the
    photos of the horses. Bruce and Laurie Ralph, who live down the
    street from where the body was found.