Fish Beer? Oh God, No!

I’ve heard of drinking like a fish, but this is ridiculous.

A microbrewery in Konan City in Kochi, Japan has recently celebrated their first 10 years in business by concocting “Tosa Kuroshio Karyudo Beer,” a lager which contains dashi, the fish stock that they use to make miso soup.
Pass the sick bucket, please!

6a00d83452359d69e20105362be67b970b

I once accidentally put a sachet of dashi in my coffee, mistaking it for sugar. It tasted truly grotesque, so I’m sceptical of this fish beer. But if you want some and you’re in Japan, call the brewer, Tosa Kuroshio Bakshu, on 0887554111. For about 3000 yen they are selling six-packs of their various beers, including two fish beers.
Oh well, it sounds truly repulsive, but I might try a bottle, just for the halibut.

Found at Japan Marketing News

8 Responses to Fish Beer? Oh God, No!

1. Neil Duckett says:

That can’t taste good …. beer just shouldn’t be messed with.

You’re right. Although, it doesn’t look quite as bad as Bilk, which was a mix of beer and milk that came out last year, though.

3. Tornadoes28 says:

It does sound bad. But then again, I used to think pumpkin beer sounded disgusting until I tried during Halloween. It’s actually really good.

4. Brendan says:

Can I have my crowbar back please? You clearly used it to get that “halibut” gag in there!

Sling your hook!

6. Heidi says:

Im still on the lookout for the chocolate beer. Anyone know where i can find some? It sounds disgusting but I’d like to add it to the things-ive-tried-before-i-die list. and hopefully it wont be the last thing on the list!!

7. discus fish says:

Whats up, I often read your blog.I love it, you consider anything from sport, news, entertainment, adult topics or simply general topics. Carry on the great work. Have you ever contemplated blogging for money?

8. Skylur says:

hi nice blog, some very helfpul info i am looking for more Medical Billing And Coding information