Bad Graffiti

“Mather Fukin” had better watch out, whoever he is. Somebody’s after him, and they’re armed with atrocious spelling.

Mind you, this isn’t the worst graffiti I’ve seen in Japan. Someone, God knows why, enthusiastically spraypainted the names “Starbucks” and “McDonald’s” on the walls of a station in Fujisawa city.

8 Responses to Bad Graffiti

1. freedomwv says:

Either they were drunk or so piss off they forgot how to spell the words they are practiced for a week.

2. Maybe the person in question really has it out for Cotton Mather and still resents his role in the Salem witch trials.

Nah, prob’ly not.

And perhaps Fukin was a hitherto unknown accomplice of Mather’s. Also unlikely.

4. dingbradley says:

It’s probably because the Japanese pronunciation of “ma” is closer to the beginning sound of “mother” (closer than the sound for “mo” anyway).

5. Ignotus says:

This makes me want to take a red spray paint and correct it. Just to make it more ridiculous.

6. Abbamonte says:

This makes me want to take a red spray paint and correct it. Just to make it more ridiculous….

7. Jamika Sabol says:

Now THAT’S what I’d deem an insightful position on things. What I would suggest perhaps is talking to other people actively involved in the scene and bring to light any conflicting points of view and then update your site or create a new article for us to stew over. Hopefully you’ll take my ideas, I’m looking forward to it! Try to cover off on some graffiti characters as well if possible, they’re everywhere at the moment.

8. Good blog. Can I find out what theme did you use?